Meduim Density Fibreboard
A premium quality wood composite panel with a fine homogenous structure uniform throughout its thickness, and with an extremely smooth surface.
- 1800 x 1200
- 2100 x 1200
- 2400 x 1200
- 2700 x 1200
- 3600 x 1200
- 2400 x 1800
- 3600 x 1800
as 2.5,2.7, 3, 4, 4.75,5.5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 15,16, 18, 25, 30, 32,35,38 and 40mm
Nonstandard sizes also available.
Applications and Uses
- Interior furniture & joinery
- Shop fittings
- Ceiling & wall linings
- Flooring overlays
- Shelving & substrate for overlay materials e.g. Natural Wood Veneer, PrimeMelamine, vinyls, printed papers & foil.
Available in two densities:
- Regular density for standard use, or
- Light, for use where weight is of consideration.
- MDF regular thick panel - has a superior uniform density for edge profiling. Average density is 725kg/m3 to 750kg/m3. Thicknesses available: 9, 12, 16, 18, 25, 30 and 32mm.
- MDF regular thin board - an interior panel of very high quality that cuts, drills and routs cleanly. Several sheets can be laminated and built into a curved shape. Not for exterior use. Average density 800kg/m3. Thicknesses available: 3, 4, 4.75, 6 & 7.5mm.
- MDF light panel - average density 600kg/m3, i.e 20% lighter than standard density panels. Usage is similar to MDF Panel. Thicknesses available: 12, 16, 18, 25 & 30 & 32mm.
- MDF MR panel - a panel specially formulated for use in areas with higher than normal moisture areas, e.g. kitchens and laundries. Average density 725kg/m3. Thicknesses available 9, 12, 16, 18, 25 , 32,35,38 and 40mm.
- There is also now are range of formaldehyde emissions levels that are available
- E1 which is a low formaldehyde product this is general mdf
- E0 which has a very low formaldehyde emission
- SE0 super E0 almost no formaldehyde emission
- NAUF the best no added urea a formaldehyde added in the making so the levels are so low that it is only the natural formaldehyde that is produced by the woodfibre
- To understand what these emission mean please read the above 4 standard are basically all that is allowed in Australia , where other countries allow higher emissions which can have effects on your health .